Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

1st MOPS Experience

Yesterday I went to a MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) group for the first time.  I was nervous, excited, scared you name it and I probably felt it.  I just kept reminding myself that if I am serious about meeting people and trying to make friends here I need to be able to follow through.  Silly yes, but this is how I was convincing myself to go.  So anyway, I woke up and gave Sully a bath, got us dressed, ate breakfast, made coffee, pumped a four ounce bottle, and dropped Arty off at school.  Then it was time to head over to the church where the group meets.  I also called my mom who encouraged me that this was a positive thing for me and for Sully.  So I followed the signs and walked in.  I saw rooms for 5,4,3, and 2 year olds.  I briefly thought ok if I want to leave I can because it doesn't look like there is a room for the infants.  A nice lady told me where the nursery was so on we went towards the nursery.  I filled out some paperwork and just got the diaper bag and bottle situated.  A couple other mom's with babies walked in.  Some babies could crawl and others could sit up on their own.  I left Sully there and went to the room where the event would be.  They had brunch and coffee there and all I had to do was fill out some paperwork and put on a name tag.  They just started a table for the new people so I found my seat.  Everyone at my table was really nice.  It was great to just chat with mom's.  It's been a while since I had any girl talk in person.  I kept expecting one of the nursery workers to come find me (because they don't let the babies cry, if they can't be soothed within a couple minutes they go find mom) but they never did.  The whole two hours I just sat with the women and my table and talked.  It was truly refreshing.  When I went to go pick Sully up he was in a swing sound asleep where he had been the WHOLE two hours!!  Never ever does he take two hour naps for me, plus he hardly likes our swing.  I was in awe because there were about ten babies there and it was not quiet but there he was peacefully asleep.  A-mazing!  So needless to say we signed up and will be back.  The whole experience was like a breath of fresh air.  Thank you to those who encouraged me here :)

~Megan

5 comments:

  1. So glad you braved it out and went! I love my MOPs group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good experience! I'm afraid I wouldn't even have anything to talk about these days besides the baby! I've got to get out more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to do something like that, but I'm so afraid to leave my baby with anyone! Your family is precious!

    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad you liked it Megs! Every Wednesday morning?

    ReplyDelete