Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fabric Dying FUN

What do you do with worn out, possibly stained, grungy shirts?  I dyed mine PINK.  I am in love with fabric dying because it gives my clothes a whole new life again.



Its super easy.  I took a package of RIT dye from Michael's dumped a little in a bucket of hot water outside and swirled it around.  Then I just drop the clothes in while wearing rubber gloves for 5-10 minutes.  Next I take it out and put it in the washing machine and its done. 

I have several other dying projects but thought I would take a picture of these.

~Megan

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea! maybe I'll have to bring some dye to Sierra Leone when my tshirts get too bad... Except my issue with tshirts tends to be stretching and holes from hard core washing!

    ReplyDelete