Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mom groups

I went to MOPS (mother's of pre-schoolers) today and it was funny.  I dropped Sully off in the nursery and checked back to nurse him.  Not even fifteen minutes later I hear "Sullivan's mom" on the microphone again, yes this happened at the last meeting too.  So I go and nurse him put him down and watch him crawl swiftly and happily away so I quickly walked out of the nursery and back to the room where all of the moms were chatting.  Then I feel a tap on my shoulder because my baby boy was climbing into the built-in shelves and bonked his head, though I couldn't see a mark.  I took this as a sign that my sweet boy was going to hang out with me for the rest of the time.  We played games with our groups and one mom held Sully while I did a jogging stroller "competition" and to my utter shock he fell asleep on her shoulder.  Poor lady's arm was probably numb when he finally woke up, I only say that because sometimes mine goes numb too.  We had a great time.  It's so nice to have a place to go and meet other mom's in similar circumstances as you.  I see lots of play-dates and fun in our future.

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment