Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

In his element

From day one I have loved watching Sullivan.  I couldn't get enough of him as a newborn.  I poured over every inch of him just trying to burn him at his smallest into my memory.  As he is more toddler than baby now, I find myself completely stunned by the things I see him do.  I love to watch him use his imagination and figure new things out.   

I like to think that we find excitement in the simple things now.  I ask him to help me all the time with things that I could do much faster by myself, but making things go by faster is not my goal.  Sullivan is teaching me to slow down, and so we do.  




He is included in everything (ie: cleaning, cooking, laundry).  
I'll give him a little task like pulling the leaves off of the kale stems and putting them into a bowl, or putting the wet clothes into the dryer with me.  It makes things so much more fun.  

My perspective has changed and I try to fill our days with some excitement.  Yesterday, we went hunting for acorns at 8 o'clock in the morning.  It was cold and we only stayed for a few minutes but he was so happy.  Today we used the "car" cart at the grocery store instead of the regular one.  He hummed and waved the whole time and when I peaked in I saw that he was lifting his shirt up to show everyone his belly.  I laughed with him right there in the freezer section.  






He's been wanting to play in his crib lately.



 First Finger Painting.
Is there anything more beautiful than a child's creativity in action? I don't think so.


The container's for toys have become the toy. :)


Sofie is in jail...haha.


He is just so full of smiles.





I love him.  I love everything about him.

~Megan

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! Started laughing out loud about the part where he was waving in the car cart and then showing everyone his belly! hilarious! You're such a good mom Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little boy is so cute, and you take such lovely pictures!

    Kelly x

    Come and link up with us in Joshua's Wednesday Link Up Party -- ourfootprintsontheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete